Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- The adherent cylindrical nit structure and its chemical denaturation in vitro: An assessment with therapeutic implications for head lice.Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 1998; 152: 711-712
- Controlled study of malathion and d-phenothrin lotions for Pediculus humanus var. capitis-infested schoolchildren.Lancet. 1994; 344: 1724-1727
- Evidence for double resistance to permethrin and malathion in head lice.British Journal of Dermatology. 1999; 141: 508-511
- Head lice.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 638-643
- Increased frequency of the T929I and L932F mutations associated with knockdown resistance in permethrin-resistant populations of the human head louse, Pediculus capitis, from California, Florida, and Texas.Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 2003; 77: 115-124
- Human lice: Their prevalence, control, and resistance to insecticides. A review 1985–1997.World Health Organization/Division of Tropical Diseases/WHO Pesticide Evaluation Scheme/97.8. World Health Organization, Geneva1997
- Molecular analysis of kdr-like resistance in permethrin-resistant strains of head lice, Pediculus capitis.Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology. 2000; 66: 130-143
- Infestations.Current Problems in Dermatology. 1999; 11: 73-120
- Control of human lice (Anoplura: Pediculidae) infestations: Past and present.American Entomologist. 1996; 42: 175-178
- Permethrin resistance in the head louse Pediculus capitis from Israel.Medical and Veterinary Entomology. 1995; 9: 427-432
- Combating lousiness among soldiers and civilians.Parasitology. 1918; 10: 411-586
- Laboratory studies of susceptibility and resistance to insecticides in Pediculus capitis (Anoplura; Pediculidae).Journal of Medical Entomology. 1998; 35: 814-817
- Differential permethrin susceptibility of head lice samples in the United States and Borneo.Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 1999; 153: 969-973
- Overdiagnosis and consequent mismanagement of head louse infestations in North America.Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2000; 19: 689-693
- Pediculicide resistance in head lice: A survey.Hospital Pharmacy. 2003; 38: 241-246
- A resistance of head lice (Pediculus capitis) to permethrin in Czech Republic.Central European Journal of Public Health. 1995; 3: 30-32
- Treatment resistant head lice: Alternative therapeutic approaches.Pediatric Dermatology. 1997; 14: 409-410
Takano-Lee, M., Edman, J. D., Mullens, B. A., & Clark, J. M. Transmission potential of the human head louse, Pediculus capitis (Anoplura: Pediculidae). International Journal of Dermatology [in press].
- In vivo and in vitro rearing of Pediculus humanus capitis (Anoplura: Pediculidae).Journal of Medical Entomology. 2003; 40: 628-635