Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Food retailer practices, attitudes and beliefs about the supply of healthy foods.Public Health Nutrition. 2011; 14: 1024-1031
- Mothers and medicine: A social history of infant feeding, 1890–1950.University of Wisconsin Press, Madison, WI1987
- Preventing childhood obesity: What works?.International Journal of Obesity. 2009; 33: S74-S81
- A health disparities perspective on obesity research.Preventing Chronic Disease, Public Health Research, Practice and Policy. 2009; 6 (Retrieved from): 1-7
- Baby's milk: A source of trust between mothers and nurse.Public Health Nursing. 1991; 8: 161-165
- No place like home: A history of nursing and home care in the United States.The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD2001
- Saving babies: Child-saving and infant nutrition.Pediatric Nursing. 2005; 31: 309-311
Connolly, C. A., & Gibson, M. E. (2010). The “White Plague” and color: Children, race, and tuberculosis in Virginia 1900–1935. Journal of Pediatric Nursing.
- A nutrition program as part of a public health nursing service.The Public Health Nurse. 1926; 18: 168-170
Ferguson, C. C. (n.d.). A century of caring: VNA of Rhode Island 1900–2000. Rhode Island: RE Smith Printing Co.
- Milk stations.The Trained Nurse and Hospital Review. 1910; 45: 220-225
- Health disparities among vulnerable populations: Evolution of knowledge over five decades in nursing research publications.Nursing Research. 2002; 51: 74-85
From Town to City: 1790–1832. (2002). History and facts: America's renaissance city. Retrieved from http://www.providenceri.com/history/centuries1.html.
- An Italian milk station.American Journal of Nursing. 1911; 11: 548-550
- Baby Day Camp of the Providence District Nursing Association.American Journal of Nursing. 1908; 9: 128-131
- Annual Reports of the Providence District Nursing Association, MSS 1068, Box 1, Mary Gardner's Papers Folder, Private collection of the Rhode Island Visiting Nurses Association.Providence, RI, Rhode Island Historical Society1906–1913
- Public health nursing.The MacMillan Co, New York1919
- History of twenty-five years of work. MSS 1068, Box 31, History Folder, Private collection of the Rhode Island Visiting Nurses Association.Providence, RI, Rhode Island Historical Society1925
- Public health nursing.2nd ed. The MacMillan Co, New York1927
- Dispensaries: A growing factor in curative and preventative medicine.The Boston Medical and Surgical Journal. 1915; 172: 613-617
- Nurse's work in milk stations.American Journal of Nursing. 1904; 4: 417-422
- The feeding of infants and young children.American Journal of Nursing. 1919; 19: 748-751
- The importance of milk stations in reducing city infant mortality.Boston Medical and Surgical Journal. 1912, May; 166: 773-775
- Nursing and the privilege of prescription, 1893–2000.Ohio State University Press, Columbus2007
- Targeting interventions for ethnic minority and low-income populations.The Future of Children. 2006; 16: 187-207
- Ladd-Taylor M. Umansky L. Bad mothers: The politics of blame in twentieth-century America. New York University Press, New York1998: 1-28
- Children's health centers in U.S. Department of Labor: Children's Bureau, Children's Year Leaflet No. 3, Bureau Publication No 45: 3–7. 1918–1919 (Retrieved from)
Let's Move. (2010) America's move to make a healthier generation of kids. Retrieved from http://www.letsmove.gov/taskforce_childhoodobesityrpt.html.
- Milk fund association nursing.The American Journal of Nursing. 1913; 14: 18-21
- Save the babies: American public health reform and the prevention of infant mortality, 1850–1929.The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD1990
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Associates (NAPNAP). (2010). Virginia Chapter Quarterly Newsletter, p. 6.
- Interventions for treating obesity in children (Review). (The Cochrane Collaboration, Issue 1). 2009 (Retrieved from)
- You are what you grow.New York Times, 2007 (Retrieved from)
- ‘Health equity through action on the social determinants of health’: Taking up the challenge in nursing.Nursing Inquiry. 2010; 17: 269-280
- The feeding of children.American Journal of Nursing. 1901; 1: 644-645
- Definition of nursing. 2010 (Retrieved from)
- Mechanical milk: An essay on the social history of infant formula.Childhood. 1996; 3: 479-497
- Racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and behavioral determinants of childhood and adolescent obesity in the United States: Analyzing independent and joint associations.Annals of Epidemiology. 2008; 18: 682-695
- Interventions for preventing obesity in children. (The Cochrane Colalboration, Issue 1). 2009 (Retrieved from)
Tomes, N. (1998). The gospel of germs: Men, Woman, and the Microbe in American life. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 23–27, 45–50.
- A review of public health realities: Papers of Charles V. Chapin, M. D.,”.American Journal of Public Health and the Nations Health. 1934; 24: 989-990
- The education of mothers and the saving of babies.Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science. 1912; 2: 195-198