Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Laboratory-diagnosed sexually transmitted infections in former foster youth compared with peers.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e97-e103
- Healthy foster care America: Health care standards.(Retrieved from)
- How to advocate for the health needs of children in foster care.(Retrieved from)
- Exposure to childhood sexual and physical abuse and subsequent educational achievement outcomes.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2007; 31: 1101-1114
- Comprehensive STD/HIV prevention education targeting US adolescents: Review of an ethical dilemma and proposed ethical framework.Nursing Ethics. 2000; 7: 339-349
- The health-related quality of life of children and adolescents in home-based foster care.Quality of Life Research. 2007; 16: 1157-1166
- Constructing grounded theory: A practical guide through qualitative analysis.Sage, Los Angeles2006
- Quick facts about foster care.(Retrieved September 14, 2008 from)
- Girls in foster care: A vulnerable and high-risk group.MCN The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing. 2009; 34: 172-178
- Recurrence of major depression in adolescence and early adulthood, and later mental health, educational and economic outcomes.British Journal of Psychiatry. 2007; 191: 335-342
- A peer-driven mentoring case management community reentry model: An application for jails and prisons.Family & Community Health. 2009; 32: 309-313
- Linking structure, process, and outcome to improve group home services for foster youth in California.Evaluation and Program Planning. 2008; 31: 174-180
Helitzer, D. L., Sussman, A. L., de Hernandez, B. U., & Kong, A. S. (2011). The “ins” and “outs” of provider–parent communication: Perspectives from adolescent primary care providers on challenges to forging alliances to reduce adolescent risk. J Adolesc Health, 48, 404–409.
- Common processes in evidence-based adolescent HIV prevention programs.AIDS and Behavior. 2008; 12: 374-383
Kools, S., & Kennedy, C. (2003). Foster child health and development: Implications for primary care. Pediatric Nursing, 29, 39–41, 44–36.
- Homelessness and health care access after emancipation: Results from the midwest evaluation of adult functioning of former foster youth.Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. 2007; 161: 986-993
- The San Francisco collaborative: An evaluation of a partnership between three schools of nursing and a public health department.Public Health Nursing. 2009; 26: 568-573
- Foster youth emancipating from care: Caseworkers' reports on needs and services.Child Welfare. 2006; 85: 463-498
Leslie, L. K., James, S., Monn, A., Kauten, M. C., Zhang, J., & Aarons, G. (2010). Health-risk behaviors in young adolescents in the child welfare system. J Adolesc Health, 47, 26–34.
- Employment experiences of homeless young adults: Are they different for youth with a history of foster care?.Children and Youth Services Review. 2006; 28: 235-259
- An HIV-preventive intervention for youth living with HIV.Behavior Modification. 2007; 31: 345-363
- Qualitative data analysis.2nd ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1994
- Sexual and reproductive health of persons aged 10–24 years: United States 2002–2007.MMWR. 2009; 58: 1-58
- Client and service characteristics associated with addiction treatment completion of clients with co-occurring disorders.Addictive Behaviors. 2009; 34: 898-904
McKee, M. D., Rubin, S. E., Campos, G., & O'Sullivan, L. F. (2011). Challenges of providing confidential care to adolescents in urban primary care: clinician perspectives. Annals of Family Medicine 9, 37–43.
- Voices of foster youths: Problems and ideas for change.Urologic Nursing. 2007; 27: 419-427
- Support foster youth.(Retrieved December 12, 2009, from)
- Comprehensive health seeking and coping paradigm.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 1989; 14: 281-290
- Sexual activity and contraceptive use among children entering out-of-home care.Child Welfare. 1997; 76: 475-499
- Outcomes of Project Wall Talk: An HIV/AIDS peer education program implemented within the Texas State Prison system.AIDS Education and Prevention. 2006; 18: 504-517
- Placement stability and mental health costs for children in foster care.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1336-1341
- Reductions in HIV risk among runaway youth.Prevention Science. 2003; 4: 173-187
- When youth age out of care: A report on baseline findings.(Retrieved December 10, 2009, from)
- Interviewing in qualitative research: The one-to-one interview.International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation. 2009; 16: 309-314
- Qualitative study on the role of nurses as health case managers of children in foster care in California.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2008; 23: 241-249
- Medical and mental health of children entering the Utah foster care system.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e703-e709
- ACF questions and answers support.(Retrieved December 11, 2009, from)http://faq.acf.hhs.gov/cgi-bin/acfrightnow.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=47&p_created=1001634224&p_sid=JEIvBcPj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTksOSZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9MTAsMTUmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0yLjE1JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE!&p_li=&p_topview=1Date: 2009
1No prior presentation.
2Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.