Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with oppositional defiant disorder.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2007; 46: 126-141
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.3th ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC1980
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.4th ed., Text Revision. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2000
- Defiant children: A clinician's manual for assessment and parent training.2nd ed. The Guilford Press, New York, NY1997
- Adolescent non-adherence: Prevalence and consequences in liver transplant recipients.Pediatric Transplantation. 2006; 10: 304-310
Dumas, J. E. (2002). PACE-Parenting our children to excellence: A program to promote parenting effectiveness and child coping-competence in the preschool years.
- Social problems associated with ADHD vs. ODD in children referred for friendship problems.Child Psychiatry and Human Development. 2002; 33: 125-146
- Non-adherence in pediatric transplantation: A review of the existing literature.Pediatric Transplantation. 2001; 5: 246-249
- Adherence to pediatric treatment regimens.in: Roberts M.C. Handbook of pediatric psychology. 3rd ed. 2003: 119-140
- Non-adherence in pediatric liver transplant recipients—An assessment of risk factors and natural history.Pediatric Transplantation. 2000; 4: 200-206
- Helping the noncompliant child: Family based treatment for oppositional behavior.2nd ed. The Guilford Press, New York, NY2003
- Lifetime prevalence, correlates and persistence of oppositional defiant disorder: Results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication.Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 2007; 48: 703-713
- Pediatric organ transplantation.in: Roberts M.C. Steele R.G. Handbook of pediatric psychology. 4th ed. 2009: 392-402
- Psychopharmacological treatment of oppositional defiant disorder.CNS Drugs. 2009; 23: 1-17
- Adaptations for specific populations.in: McMahon R.J. Forehand R.L. Helping the noncompliant child: Family based treatment for oppositional behavior. 2nd ed. The Guilford Press, New York, NY2003: 182-200
Additional Resources for Nurses and Parents
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: http://www.aacap.org/cs/ODD.ResourceCenter#AboutODD.
American Academy of Pediatrics http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/adhd/pages/Behavior-Therapy-Parent-Training.aspx.
Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/oppositional-defiant-disorder/DS00630.
- Your defiant child: Eight steps to better behavior.The Guilford Press, New York, NY1998
- The Kazdin method for parenting the defiant child.Houghton Mifflin, New York, NY2009
- 1,2,3 Magic: Effective discipline for children 2–12 (advice on parenting).ParentMagic, Inc, Glen Ellyn, IL2010