Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Uropathogens of various childhood populations and their antibiotic susceptibility.The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 1991; 10: 742-746
- Comparison of unit-specific and hospital-wide antibiograms: potential implications for selection of empirical antimicrobial therapy.Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2006; 27: 682-687
- Community-acquired enterococcal urinary tract infections.Pediatric Nephrology. 2005; 20: 1583-1586https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-005-1976-8
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing pathogens in a children's hospital: A 5-year experience.American Journal of Infection Control. 2009; 37: 435-441https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2008.09.019
- Consequences of combining cystic fibrosis- and non-cystic fibrosis-derived Pseudomonas aeruginosa antibiotic susceptibility results in hospital antibiograms.The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. 2006; 40: 1946-1949
- Antibiotic stewardship in pediatrics: A necessity.The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2007; 26: 538-539https://doi.org/10.1097/INF.0b013e3180593184
- Pediatric urinary tract infections.Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2006; 53 (vi): 379-400https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pcl.2006.02.011
- Approaches to reduce antibiotic resistance in the community.The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2006; 25: 977-980
- National Ambulatory Antibiotic Prescribing Patterns for Pediatric Urinary Tract Infection, 1998–2007.Pediatrics. 2011; https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2010-3465
- Clinical value of an ambulatory-based antibiogram for uropathogens in children.Journal of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society. 2012; 1: 333-336
- Feigin & Cherry's textbook of pediatric infectious diseases.6th ed. Saunders/Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2009
- Antibiotic resistance trends in paediatric uropathogens.International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. 2005; 26: 267-271https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2005.07.009
- Selection of an empiric antibiotic regimen for hospital-acquired pneumonia using a unit and culture-type specific antibiogram.Journal of Intensive Care Medicine. 2005; 20: 296-301
- Antibiotic prescribing in ambulatory pediatrics in the United States.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 1053-1061https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-1337
- Analysis and presentation of cumulative antimicrobial susceptibility test data; Approved guideline–Third edition (M39–A3) (Vol. 26).Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA2009
Interagency Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance. A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance, from http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/actionplan/aractionplan.pdf.
- Antibiotic susceptibility in the surgical intensive care unit compared with the hospital-wide antibiogram.Archives of Surgery. 1998; 133: 1041-1045
- Stratification of cumulative antibiograms in hospitals for hospital unit, specimen type, isolate sequence and duration of hospital stay.The Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2008; 62: 1451-1461https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/dkn384
- Increasing antibiotic resistance among urinary tract isolates.Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2003; 88: 444-445
- Analysis of two- and three-year trends in antimicrobial resistance in intensive care units using unit-specific antibiograms.Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2008; 40: 672-674
- Geographic variations and trends in antimicrobial resistance among Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium in the SENTRY Antimicrobial Surveillance Program (1997–2000).Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2003; 46: 63-68
- A review of antimicrobial control strategies in hospitalized and ambulatory pediatric populations.The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 2007; 26: 531-537
- The epidemiological profile of infections with multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter species.Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2006; 43: S43-S48
- Role of unit-specific combination antibiograms for improving the selection of appropriate empiric therapy for gram-negative pneumonia.Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2011; 32: 289-292https://doi.org/10.1086/658665
- Urinary tract infection: Clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and management of the initial UTI in febrile infants and children 2 to 24 months.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 595-610https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-1330
- Preventing the emergence of antimicrobial resistance. A call for action by clinicians, public health officials, and patients.JAMA. 1997; 278: 944-945
- Antibiogram compliance in University HealthSystem Consortium participating hospitals with Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines.American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. 2012; 69: 598-606https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp110332
1Portions of this work have been presented previously at the annual American Society of Health-system Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting (Anaheim, CA. December 5–9, 2010).