- Jaber R.M.
- Mirbolouk M.
- DeFillippis A.P.
- Maziak W.
- Keith R.
- Payne T.
- Nasir K.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration [FDA]
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Flavoring chemicals in E-cigarettes: Diacetyl, 2,3-pentanedione, and acetoin in a sample of 51 products, including fruit-, candy-, and cocktail-flavored E-cigarettes.Environmental Health Perspectives. 2016; 124: 733-739https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1510185
- Popcorn Lung: A dangerous risk of flavored e-cigarettes.(Retrieved from)https://www.lung.org/about-us/blog/2016/07/popcorn-lung-risk-ecigs.htmlDate: 2018, September, 18
- E-cigarette use and subsequent smoking frequency among adolescents.Pediatrics. 2018; 142 (Retrieved from)
- Electronic cigarette harm and benefit perceptions and use among youth.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2018; 55: 361-367
- Children and e-cigarettes: A new threat to health.Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health. 2018; 30: 315-320
- Cigarette uses among high school students—United States, 1991–2009.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2010; 59 (Retrieved from): 798-835
- Trends and substance use associations with e-cigarette use in US adolescents.Clinical Pediatrics. 2018; 57: 1191-1198
- Electronic cigarettes and future marijuana use: A longitudinal study.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20173787
- Trends in healthcare provider advise on youth tobacco use, 2011–2015.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2018; 55: 222-230
- Can technology assist teen smokers to “Kick the Habit”?.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2012; 27: 277-279
- Electronic cigarette use, prevalence, associated factors, and pattern by cigarette smoking status in the United States from NHANES (National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey) 2013–2014.Journal of the American Heart Association. 2018; e008178https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.008178
- FDA threatens stores that sell Juul and flavored e-cigarettes to kids.CNN, 2018, Sept 14 (Retrieved from)
- Associations between early onset of e-cigarette use and cigarette smoking and other substance use among US adolescents: A national study.Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 2018; 20: 923-930
- Adolescent vaping and nicotine use in 2017–2018 — U.S. national estimates.The New England Journal of Medicine. 2019; 380 (Supplement to:): 192-193
- Adolescents' understanding and use of nicotine in e-cigarettes.Addictive Behaviors. 2018; 82: 109-113
- Store tobacco ads help get kids vaping.https://consumer.healthday.com/cancer-information-5/electronic-cigarettes-970/store-tobacco-ads-help-get-kids-vaping-736548.html(Retrieved from)Date: 2018
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis and acute respiratory distress syndrome from e-cigarette use.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20163927
- Effect of e-cigarettes advertisement exposure on intention to use e-cigarettes in adolescents.Addictive Behaviors. 2018; 82: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2018.02.021
- Healthy people 2010: Understanding and improving health.2nd ed. 2000 (Washington, DC. Retrieved from)
- Summary of Federal rules for tobacco retailers.(Retrieved from)https://www.fda.gov/tobaccoproducts/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/retail/ucm205021.htmDate: 2019, February 7
- Vaporizers, E-cigarettes, and other electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).(Retrieved from)https://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/labeling/ucm456610.htmDate: 2019, February 5
- Frequently asked questions: Protecting kids from tobacco.(Retrieved from)http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/ProtectingKidsfromTobacco/RegsRestric-tingSale/ucm204589.htmDate: 2010
- Results from 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey show dramatic increase in e-cigarette use among youth over past year.in: FDA News Release. 2018, November, 15 (Retrieved 2/10/2019 from)
- Prevalence and correlates of adolescents' ENDS use frequency and dependence.Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2018; 188: 109-112