- •The validity and reliability stages of the study show that the CHBSC is a valid, reliable measurement tool.
- •The scale can be used as a measurement tool in experimental studies about cardiovascular health.
- •The scale can easily be adapted for use in other societies because of its universal items and its user-friendly structure.
Design and method
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Statistical analysis techniques for medical research - SPSS applications.Emek Ofset, Ankara, Turkey2005
- Guide for trans-cultural adaptation of the scale II:Psychometric characteristics and cross-cultural comparisons.Journal of Research and Development in Nursing. 2003; 5 (Retrieved From): 3-14
American Heart Association. (2016). Middle school lesson plans. Retrieved Fromhttp://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Educator/FortheClassroom/MiddleSchoolL%20ssonans/Middle-School-Lesson-Plans_UCM_304280_Article.jsp#.XJxzffczYdV
Arvidson, C. (1990). Children's cardiovascular health promotion attitude scale: An instrument development. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX, USA. Retrived Fromhttps://search.proquest.com/docview/303909413/E0E75971867A490DPQ/1?accountd=05 27.
- Factor analysis: Basic concepts and using to development scale.Educational Administration In Theory & Practice. 2002; 32: 470-483
- Construction and validation of a questionnaire on the knowledge of healthy habits and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in schoolchildren.Jornal de Pediatria (Versão em Português). 2014; 90: 415-419
- Ateroskleroz: Atherosclerosis: Primary and secondary prevention.Journal of Experimental and Clinical Medicine. 2013; 29: 141-146
- The principles and methods of researching in nursing.Odak Ofset, İstanbul, Turkey2002
- Confirmatory factor analysis and fit indices: Review.Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of MedicalSciences. 2013; 33: 210-223
- Children first study: How an educational program in cardiovascular prevention at school can improve parents' cardiovascular risk.European journal of preventivecardiology. 2013; 20: 301-309
- A study of cardiovascular risk factors and its knowledge among school children of Delhi.Indian Heart Journal. 2014; 66: 263-271
- Childrens' cardiovascular health promotion attitude scale's validity and reliability.Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Nursing Electronics Journal. 2014; 7: 92-97
- Confirmatory factor analysis.Oxford University Press, New York, USA2009
- Preventive cardiovascular health in schools: Current status.Current Cardiovascular Risk Reports. 2017; 11: 24
- School-based health education programs can be maintained over time: Results from the CATCH institutionalization study.Preventive Medicine. 2004; 38: 594-606
- The global burden of disease:Generating evidence, guiding policy.IHME, Seattle, WA2013
- Cardiovascular disease risk in children and adolescents.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2013; 28: 258-266
- The atlas of heart disease and stroke.World Health Organization, 2004
- Global atlas on cardiovascular disease prevention and control.World Health Organization, 2011
- The “happy heart” educational program for changes in health habits in children and their families: Protocol for a randomized clinical trial.BMC Pediatrics. 2015; 15: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1186/s12887-015-0336-5
- Developmental origins of cardiovascular disease: Impact of early life stress in humans and rodents.Neuroscience &Biobehavioral Reviews. 2017; 74: 453-465
- Essentials of nursing research: Methods, appraising evidence for nursing practice.Wolters Kluwer Health, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2010
- Let's eat healthy, protect our heart project research report.Gürler Matbaası, Ankara, Turkey2004
- Turkey cardiovascular diseases prevention and control program (2015–2020).General Directorate of Health Research, Ankara, Turkey2015
- Health statistics yearbook.General Directorate of Health Research, Ankara, Turkey2016
- National burden of disease study.(Retrieved from)
- Cardiovascular risk screening in school children predicts risk in parents.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 205: 626-631
- Reliability and validity in social and behavioral measurements.Seçkin Ofset, Ankara, Turkey2005
- Introduction to structural equation modeling-basic principles and LISREL applications.Cem Web Ofset, Ankara, Turkey2007
- Cardiovascular health promotion in children: Challenges and opportunities for 2020 and beyond: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 134: e236-e255
- Measuring attitudes and data analysis with SPSS.Nobel, Ankara, Turkey2010
- Cardiovascular risk factors in young adults: A literature review.Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2015; 30: 298-310
- Cause of death statistics.(Retrieved from)
- Moving toward global primordial prevention in cardiovascular disease: The heart of the matter.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015; 66: 1535-1537
- Family-based approaches to cardiovascular health promotion.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016; 67: 1725-1737
- Global status report on noncommunicable diseases.(Retrieved from)
World Health Organization. (2016). World health statistics 2016 monitoring health for the (SDGs) sustainable development goals. Retrieved fromhttps://www.who.int/gho/publications/world_health_statistics/2016/en/