Methods and interventions
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Effects of breastfeeding and heel warming on pain levels during heel stick in neonates.International Journal of Nursing Practice. 2019; 25https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12734
- Infant analgesia with a combination of breast milk, glucose, or maternal holding.Pediatrics. 2018; 142https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2017-3416
- Breast-feeding analgesia in infants.The Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing. 2017; 31: 145-159https://doi.org/10.1097/jpn.0000000000000262
Centers for Disease Control [CDC] (2016). Recommended vaccines by age. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-age.html.
Centers for Disease Control [CDC] (2019). How to hold your child during vaccination. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/visit/holds-factsheet.html.
- Comparison of effect of kangaroo mother care, breastfeeding and swaddling on Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccination pain score in healthy term neonates by a clinical trial.The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine. 2017; 30: 1147-1150
- Breastfeeding for procedural pain in infants beyond the neonatal period.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd011248
LaMorte, W. (2016). The Social Cognitive Theory. Retrieved May 1, 2020, from http://sphweb.bumc.bu.edu/otlt/MPH-Modules/SB/BehavioralChangeTheories/BehavioralChangeTheories5.html.
- The fear of needles: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2019; 75: 30-42
- Effect of breast-feeding and maternal holding in relieving painful responses in full-term neonates.The Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing. 2015; 29: 248-254https://doi.org/10.1097/jpn.000000000000012
- The effect of maternity leave length and time of return to work on breastfeeding.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: e1414-e1427
- Children's pain and distress at a public influenza vaccination clinic: A parent survey and public observation study.Journal of Community Health. 2019; 44: 322-331https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-018-0590-1
- ABM clinical protocol #23: Non-pharmacological management of procedure-related pain in the breastfeeding infant.Breastfeeding Medicine. 2016, November 9; 11: 425-429
- Managing pain in early immunisation.Nursing New Zealand Nursing. 2015; 21: 22-24
- Reducing the pain of childhood vaccination: An evidence-based clinical practice guideline.Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2010; 182https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.101720
- Inadequate pain management during routine childhood immunizations: The nerve of it.Clinical Therapeutics. 2009; 31 (May 6): S152-S167
- Physical interventions and injection techniques for reducing injection pain during routine childhood immunizations: Systematic review of randomized controlled trials and quasi-randomized controlled trials.Clinical Therapeutics. 2009; 31: S48-S76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinthera.2009.07.024
- Routine immunization practices: Use of topical anesthetics and oral analgesics.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e637-e643
- Conditioning and hyperalgesia in newborns exposed to repeated heel lances.JAMA. 2002, August 21; 288: 857-861
- Reducing pain at the time of vaccination: WHO position paper, September 2015-Recommendations.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 3629-3630https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.11.005