- •Providers benefit from developmental guidelines to educate on skill mastery.
- •Expert raters established content validity of skill assessment tool for providers.
- •Findings suggest tool items are relevant, clear, and developmentally-appropriate.
- •Psychosocial domains rated as highly relevant and clear, provide important context.
Design and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- SPN position statement: Transition of pediatric patients into adult care.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2017; 35: 160-164
- Piloting a structured developmental tool to assess transition readiness for youth with special health-care needs: A mixed-methods exploration of health-care provider experiences.Journal of Child Health Care. 2020; 24: 92-105
- Developing criteria for establishing interrater reliability of specific items: Applications to assessment of adaptive behavior.American Journal of Mental Deficiency. 1981; 86: 127-137
- Self-management and transition readiness assessment: Concurrent, predictive and discriminant validation of the STARx questionnaire.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2015; 30: 668-676
- Supporting the healthcare transition from adolescence to adulthood in the medical home.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 182-200
- Instrument review: Getting the most from a panel of experts.Applied Nursing Research. 1992; 5: 194-197
- Lack of preparedness for pediatric to adult-oriented health care transition in hospitalized adolescents and young adults.Academic Pediatrics. 2018; 18: 102-110
- Self-management and transition readiness assessment: Development, reliability, and factor structure of the STARx questionnaire.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2015; 30: 691-699
- Statistical methods for rates and proportions.2nd ed. Wiley, New York, NY1981
- Using the Delphi technique to examine the content validity of nursing diagnoses.Nursing Diagnosis. 1992; 3: 12-22
- Bright futures pocket guide.4th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL2017
- Evaluation of the TRxANSITION index-parent version for assessment of readiness to transition to adult care among youth with chronic conditions.Pediatric Nursing. 2020; 2: 1-8
- IBM SPSS statistics for windows, Version 25.0..IBM Corp, Armonk, NY2017
- Supporting development of children with chronic conditions: From compliance toward shared management.Pediatric Nursing. 2000; 26: 354-363
- Transition planning among us youth with and without special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2018; 142
- Determination and quantification of content validity.Nursing Research. 1986; 35: 382-385
- The epidemiology of transition into adulthood of rare diseases patients: Results from a population-based registry.International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2018; 15
- NAPNAP releases new position statement supporting the transition from pediatric to adult-focused health care.https://www.napnap.org/napnap-releases-new-position-statement-supporting-the-transition-from-pediatric-to-adult-focused-health-care/Date: 2020, September 23
- Transition of pediatric patients to adult care: An analysis of provider perceptions across discipline and role.Pediatric Nursing. 2014; 40 (142): 113-120
- Is the CVI an acceptable indicator of content validity? Appraisal and recommendations.Research in Nursing & Health. 2007; 30: 459-467
- Objectifying content validity: Conducting a content validity study in social work research.Social Work Research. 2003; 27: 94-104
- Measuring the transition readiness of youth with special healthcare needs: Validation of the TRAQ--transition readiness assessment questionnaire.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2011; 36: 160-171
- Analysis of self-management and transition readiness instruments for clinical practice.in: Betz C. Coyne I. Transition from pediatric to adult healthcare Services for Adolescents and Young Adults with long-term conditions. Springer, Cham2020
- Measures of readiness to transition to adult health care for youth with chronic physical health conditions: A systematic review and recommendations for measurement testing and development.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2014; 39: 588-601
- Transition care: Future directions in education, health policy, and outcomes research.Academic Pediatrics. 2014; 14: 120-127
- A systematic review of transition readiness and transfer satisfaction measures for adolescents with chronic illness.International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. 2014; 26: 159-174
- Late consequences of chronic pediatric illness.The Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2007; 30: 819-835
- Measurement in nursing and health research.3rd ed. Springer Publishing Company, New York, NY2005
- Supporting the health care transition from adolescence to adulthood in the medical home.Pediatrics. 2018; 142