- •Newly modified Pediatric EWS tool revealed moderate agreement between nurses' scores.
- •Qualitative data showed greater consensus between nurses than the objective tool's scores.
- •Illustrates nurses' concerns of the ability of an objective tool to reflect a subjective assessment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Validation of a pediatric early warming score in hospitalized pediatric oncology and hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients.Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2016; 17: e146-e153
- Impact of rapid response system implementation on critical deterioration events in children.JAMA Pediatrics. 2014; 168: 25-33
- Cost-benefit analysis of a medical emergency team in a children’s hospital.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 235-241
- Improving situation awareness to reduce unrecognized clinical deterioration and serious safety events.Pediatrics. 2013; 131 (https://doi.org/10/1542/peds.2012-1364): 298-308
- Trends in pediatric hospitalizations and readmissions: 2010-2016.Pediatrics. 2019; 142: 1-10
- Barriers and enablers to implementing the children’s hospital early warning score: A pre- and post-implementation qualitative descriptive study.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2019; 46 (https://doi.org/10.1016.j.pedn.2019.02.008): 39-47
- ‘The score matters’: Wide variations in predictive performance of 18 paediatric track and trigger systems.Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2017; 102: 487-495
- Network design and process.
- Our goals.
- Survival trends in pediatric in-hospital cardiac arrests: An analysis from get with the guidelines – Resuscitation.Circulation. Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2013; 6: 42-49
- A multicenter collaborative approach to reducing pediatric codes outside the ICU.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e785-e791
- Annual incidence of adult and pediatric in-hospital cardiac arrest in the United States.Circulation. Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2019; 12: 1-8
- White paper series: Serious safety events, getting to zero.American Society for Healthcare Risk Management, 2012
- Rapid response team calls and unplanned transfers to the pediatric intensive care unit in a pediatric hospital.American Journal of Critical Care. 2016; 25: e9-e14
- Emergency transfers: An important predictor of adverse outcomes in hospitalized children.Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2019; 14: 482-485
- Early warning systems: Scorecards that save lives.http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/ImprovementStories/EarlyWarningSystemsScorecardsThatSaveLives.aspxDate: 2020
- Pediatric early warning score systems, nurses perspective – A focus group study.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2018; 41 (https://doi.org.10.1016/j.pedn.2018.02.004): e16-e22
- Clinical profile of children requiring early unplanned admission to the PICU.Hospital Pediatrics. 2013; 3: 212-218
- Fleiss' kappa using SPSS Statistics.(Statistical tutorials and software guides from)
- Paediatric early warning systems for detecting and responding to clinical deterioration in children: A systematic review.British Medical Journal Open. 2017; 7: 1-13
- Rapid response systems: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Critical Care. 2015; 19: 254-269
- Here and gone: Rapid transfer from the general care floor to the PICU.Hospital Pediatrics. 2018; 8: 1-6
- Validation of the cardiac Children’s hospital early warning score: An early warning scoring tool to prevent cardiopulmonary arrests in children with heart disease.Congenital Heart Disease. 2014; 9: 194-202
- Validation of the children’s hospital early warning system for critical deterioration recognition.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2017; 32 (https://doi.org/10.1016.j.pedn.2016.10.005): 52-58
- Unplanned ICU transfers from inpatient units: Examining the prevalence and preventability of adverse events associated with ICU transfer in pediatrics.Journal of Pediatric Intensive Care. 2016; 5: 21-27
- An integrative review of pediatric early warning systems scores.Pediatric Nursing. 2015; 41 (Retrieved April 1, 2020 from): 165-174http://web.b.ebscohost.com.cuhsl.creighton.edu/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=1&sid=33820d61-e18e-4e88-952d-b4f869751df8%40pdc-v-sessmgr04
- Pediatric ICU transfers within 24 hours of admission from the emergency department: Rate of transfer, outcomes, and clinical characteristics.Hospital Pediatrics. 2019; 9: 393-397
- First documented rhythm and clinical outcome from in-hospital cardiac arrest among children and adults.JAMA. 2006; 295 (Retrieved April 26, 2020 from:): 50-57http://web.a.ebscohost.com.cuhsl.creighton.edu/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=1&sid=21bf42f7-3f47-4210-a515-0cdf6028d244%40sdc-v-sessmgr02
- Effect of a pediatric early warning system on all-cause mortality in hospitalized pediatric patients: The EPOCH randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1002-1012
- Development and initial validation of the bedside Paediatric early warning system score.Critical Care. 2009; 13: R135
- Rate of preventable early unplanned intensive care unit transfer for direct admission and emergency department admissions.Hospital Pediatrics. 2015; 5: 27-34
- The impact of evidence-based practice in nursing and the next big ideas.Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. 2013; 18 (Retrieved April 30, 2020 from)http://web.a.ebscohost.com.cuhsl.creighton.edu/ehost/detail/detail?vid=1&sid=2c5ca3a2-ea26-42dd-8792-9f29a02dbfe2%40sdc-v-sessmgr02&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=ccm&AN=90012507
- Validity and effectiveness of paediatric early warning systems and track and trigger tools for identifying and reducing clinical deterioration in hospitalized children: A systemic review.British Medical Journal Open. 2019; 9: 1-22
- Overview of hospital stays for children in the United States, 2012.Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project, 2014, December