- •Around 370,000 children in Yemen suffer from severe malnutrition in Yemen.
- •9.9 million children need some form of nutritional assistance in Yemen's 22 provinces are on the brink of hunger.
- •Chronic malnutrition rates (short stature and underweight) are more prevalent in the mountainous regions of the country.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Malnutrition in Yemen: An invisible crisis.The Lancet. 2017; 389: 31-32
- Assessment of undernutrition using composite index of anthropometric failure among children aged < 5 years in rural Yemen.Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2019; 24: 1119-1126
- Alarmingly high malnutrition in childhood and its associated factors: A study among children under 5 in Yemen.Medicine. 2021; 100: 1-7
- Effect of utilization of child health services on the nutrition and growth status of infants in poor rural areas in Sichuan and Gansu Province (Chinese).Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2019; 48: 745-750
- An overview on acute malnutrition and food insecurity among children during the conflict in Yemen.Children. 2019; 6: 1-8
- Diphtheria outbreak in Yemen: The impact of conflict on a fragile health system.Conflict and Health. 2019; 13 (13:19): 1-7
- Fome E sistemas alimentares em cenários de conflito.
- Yemen national health and demographic survey 2013. Maryland, USA.
- Uma criança morre a cada 10 minutos por falta de alimentos no Iêmen.
- Concordance between the estimates of wasting measured by weight-for-height and by mid-upper arm circumference for classification of severity of nutrition crisis: Analysis of population-representative surveys from humanitarian settings.BMC Nutrition. 2018; 24: 1-10
- Uncomplicated falciparum malaria among schoolchildren in Bajil district of Hodeidah governorate, west of Yemen: Association with anaemia and underweight.Malaria Journal. 2020; 19: 319-358
- World Health Organization, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development/The World Bank.in: Levels and trends in child malnutrition: Key findings of the 2020 Edition of the Joint Child Malnutrition Estimates. Geneva. 2020