- •Femicide is forgotten, underestimated, and poorly prosecuted around the world.
- •80% of mothers in domestic homicides were killed by a current or previous partner.
- •In at least 19 cases, femicide was followed by suicide, leaving the child/children orphan(s).
- •Femicide is avicarious, in which children are left out, anonymous, and invisible.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Short-term changes in behaviors resulting from COVID-19-related social isolation and their influences on mental health.Community Mental Health Journal. 2021; 57: 79-92
- Covid-19, family stress and domestic violence: Remote work, isolation and bargaining power.in: GLO discussion paper, 571. Global Labor Organization, 2020
- Domestic violence, decision - making power, and female employment in Colombia.Review of Economics of the Household. 2020; 19: 233-254
- At least 16 serving or former police officers have killed women. Why does this matter?.https://www.femicidecensus.org/at-least-16-serving-or-former-police-officers-have-killed-women-why-does-this-matter/Date: 2021
- How to tackle the femicide epidemic.https://www.ips-journal.eu/topics/democracy-and-society/how-to-tackle-the-femicide-epidemic-5568/Date: 2021
- Violence with Femicide risk: Its effects on women and their children.Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2021; 36 (Jun): NP6465-NP6491
- Effect of Violence against Women on Victims and their Children.https://publications.iadb.org/publications/english/document/Effect-of-Violence-against-Women-on-Victims-and-their-Children-Evidence-from-Central-America-the-Dominican-Republic-and-Haiti.pdfDate: 2021
- Domestic violence during the COVID-19 pandemic: A systematic review.Trauma, Violence & Abuse. August 2021; 1
- Femicide is a crime against all humanity.in: El Pais. 2021
- To combat gender violence, we need feminist leadership.in: El Pais. 2021https://english.elpais.com/opinion/2021-03-30/to-combat-gender-violence-we-need-feminist-leadership.html
- What happens to the children of women killed by men?.The Guardian. 2021; 22
- Órfãos do feminicídio: um problema que não podemos ignorar.Nexo Journal. 2021; 27https://www.nexojornal.com.br/colunistas/tribuna/2021/%C3%93rf%C3%A3os-do-feminic%C3%ADdio-um-problema-que-n%C3%A3o-podemos-ignorar
- Devastatingly pervasive: 1 in 3 women globally experience violence.https://www.who.int/news/item/09-03-2021-devastatingly-pervasive-1-in-3-women-globally-experience-violenceDate: 2021