- •In December 2021, eight US states suffered from fifty tornadoes that caused more than seventy deaths, 105 missing.
- •Children and adolescents are among the most vulnerable groups in environmental disasters.
- •There are already millions of children and adolescents among the “climate refugees
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Disasters, victimization, and children’s mental health.Child Development. 2010; 81: 1040-1052
- Governo do Kentucky identifica crianças e idosos entre mortos por tornados, 2021.https://g1.globo.com/mundo/noticia/2021/12/13/balanco-de-mortes-apos-tornado-no-kentucky.ghtmlDate: 2021
- The interplay between social and ecological determinants of mental health for children and youth in the climate crisis.International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18: 4573
- A crisis within the crisis: The mental health situation of refugees in the world during the 2019 coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak.Psychiatry Research. 2020; 288: 113000-113002
- Annual disaster statistical review 2016: The numbers and trends.Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters, Brussels, Belgium2016 (Retrieved from)
- 2010 report to the president and congress (AHRQ Publication No. 10-M037).Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Rockville, MD2010 (Retrieved from)
- Tornado atinge sudeste dos EUA e deixa dezenas de mortos.https://www.nexojornal.com.br/extra/2021/12/11/Tornado-atinge-sudeste-dos-EUA-e-deixa-dezenas-de-mortosDate: 2021
- Night of devastating tornadoes likely kills more than 100 in Kentucky.https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fifty-people-likely-killed-tornadoes-kentucky-governor-2021-12-11/Date: 2021
- Children and youth in the climate crisis.BJPsych Bulletin. 2021; 45: 205-209
- Preparing children for climate-related disasters.BMJ Paediatrics Open. 2020; 4 (Article e000833)
- Disaster technical assistance center supplemental research bulletin.(Behavioral Health Conditions in Children and Youth Exposed to Natural Disasters)
- Children uprooted in the Caribbean.2019: 2019
- Climate anxiety in young people: A call to action.Lancet. 2020; 4: E435-E436