- •The Chinese version PAID-T is a validated and ease-to-use scale.
- •The Chinese version PAID-T can assess diabetes distress for adolescents.
- •The Chinese version PAID-T can identify specific sources of diabetes distress.
- •Nurses can use the Chinese version PAID-T to tailor interventions for adolescents.
- •The Chinese version PAID-T can conduct research on diabetes distress for adolescents.
Design and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- 13. Children and adolescents: Standards of medical care in diabetes—2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S180-S199
- Confirmatory factor analysis for applied research.2nd ed. Guilford, 2015: 74-309
- Pathways of emotional autonomy, self-care behaviors, and depressive symptoms on health adaptation in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Nursing Outlook. 2017; 65: 68-76
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: Psychological care of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Pediatric Diabetes. 2018; 19: 237-249
- Hierarchical needs and psychological disorders in China.in: Wang W. Chinese perspectives on cultural psychiatry: Psychological disorders in “a dream of red mansions” and contemporary society. Springer, 2019: 1-19
- Focus on psychometrics. Aspects of item analysis.Research in Nursing & Health. 1991; 14: 165-168
- The confusing tale of depression and distress in patients with diabetes: A call for greater clarity and precision.Diabetic Medicine. 2014; 31: 764-772
- Addressing diabetes distress in clinical care: A practical guide.Diabetic Medicine. 2019; 36: 803-812
- How performing PCA and CFA on the same data equals trouble.European Journal of Psychological Assessment. 2017; 33: 399-402
- Diabetes distress among adolescents with type 1 diabetes: A systematic review.Current Diabetes Reports. 2016; 16: 9
- Structural equation modeling overview.in: Hair J.F. Black W.C. Babin B.J. Anderson R.E. Multivariate data analysis. 7th ed. Prentice Hall, 2010: 541-598
- Screening and support for emotional burdens of youth with type 1 diabetes: Strategies for diabetes care providers.Pediatric Diabetes. 2018; 19: 534-543
- Developing and psychometric testing of a short-form problem areas in diabetes scale in Chinese patients.Journal of Nursing Research. 2013; 21: 212-217
- Validation of the Chinese version of the problem areas in diabetes (PAID-C) scale.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 38-40
- Diabetes-related emotional distress over time.Pediatrics. 2019; 143 (Article e20183011)
- Perceptions of adolescent patients of the “lived experience” of type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Spectrum: A Publication of the American Diabetes Association. 2017; 30: 23-35
- Psychometric testing of the short-form Chinese version of the self-management for adolescents with type 1 diabetes scale.Research in Nursing & Health. 2018; 41: 563-571
- The effect of self-efficacy in self-management on diabetes distress in young people with type 2 diabetes.Healthcare. 2021; 9: 1736
- Social stratification and education.in: Lin S.C. Educational sociology. 4th ed. Chuliu, 2005: 41-81
- Higher incidence of psychiatrist-diagnosed depression in Taiwanese female school-age children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: A nationwide, population-based, retrospective cohort study.Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. 2017; 27: 281-284
- Youth-perceived burden of type 1 diabetes: Problem areas in diabetes survey–pediatric version (PAID-Peds).Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2015; 9 (https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1932296815583506): 1080-1085
- Forming inferences about some intraclass correlation coefficients.Psychological Methods. 1996; 1: 30-46
- Adolescents’ view of health concept and its risk factors: A literature review.International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. 2014; 26: 351-359
- The content validity index: Are you sure you know what’s being reported? Critique and recommendations.Research in Nursing & Health. 2006; 29: 489-497
- Assessment of diabetes-related distress.Diabetes Care. 1995; 18: 754-760
- Assessing psychosocial distress in diabetes: Development of the diabetes distress scale.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 626-631
- Foundations of clinical research: Applications to practice.3rd ed. F. A. Davis Company, 2015: 82-84
- Psychometric properties of the problem areas in diabetes: Teen and parent of teen versions.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2018; 43: 561-571
- Twenty-five years of diabetes distress research.Diabetic Medicine. 2020; 37: 393-400
- Constructs of depression and distress in diabetes: Time for an appraisal.The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology. 2015; 3: 450-460
- Translation, adaptation and validation of instruments or scales for use in cross-cultural health care research: A clear and user-friendly guideline.Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2011; 17: 268-274
- Making sense of Cronbach's alpha.International Journal of Medical Education. 2011; 2: 53-55
- Influential factors of emotional display rules in Chinese adolescents.Psychology. 2012; 3: 504-506
- Diabetes-specific emotional distress among adolescents: Feasibility, reliability, and validity of the problem areas in diabetes-teen version.Pediatric Diabetes. 2011; 12: 341-344
- Adolescent health.