- •Pedagogical strategies that involve civic engagement enhances learning
- •Service learning increases students' knowledge about diverse populations
- •Children with special needs have diverse capabilities and needs that must be known
- •Students must acquire knowledge about the needs of children with disabilities
- •Use of community based participatory research methods can facilitate collaborations and evaluation of engagement experiences
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Relevance of service learning to nursing education.The ABNF Journal : Official Journal of the Association of Black Nursing Faculty in Higher Education, Inc. 2013; 24: 39
- Perceptions of cultural competency of undergraduate nursing students.Open Journal of Nursing. 2013; 3: 182-185
- The theory of planned behavior.Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. 1991; 50: 179-211
- The theory of planned behavior: A bibliography.
- The theory of planned behavior: Frequently asked questions.Human Behavior and Emerging Technologies. 2020; 2: 314-324
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in academic nursing: AACN position statement.
- Public health: Recommended baccalaureate competencies and curricular guidelines for public health nursing. Ing.
- Curriculum improvement.
- The new AACN essentials.
- The medically fragile child.
- Establishing a culturally competent master’s and doctorally prepared nursing workforce—Ana position statement.ANA, 2021https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/nursing-excellence/official-position-statements/id/establishing-a-culturally-competent-masters-and-doctorally-prepared-nursing-workforce/
- All you need is contact.Https://Www.Apa.OrgDate: 2020
- Service learning in psychology.
- The influence of international service-learning on transcultural self-efficacy in baccalaureate nursing graduates and their subsequent practice.International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. 2012; 24
- A theory of planned behavior perspective on hiring Malaysians with disabilities.Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal. 2015; 34: 186-200
- Community service learning: Fostering first year nursing students’ understanding of others.Madridge Journal of Nursing. 2017; 2: 19-26
- Generating, deepening, and documenting learning: The power of critical reflection in applied learning.
- Nursing Education Perspectives. 2011; 32: 162-167
- Encouraging young adults with a disability to be independent in their journey to work: A segmentation and application of theory of planned behaviour approach.Heliyon. 2020; 6e03420
- Linking public health nursing competencies and service-learning in a global setting.Public Health Nursing. 2017; 34: 485-492
- Children and youth with special healthcare needs in emergencies | cdc.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2021, January 6
- Qualitative inquiry & research design.Sage, 2013
- Qualitative Inquiry & Research Design.Sage., 2013
- The importance of simulation in nursing education.World Journal on Educational Technology: Current Issues. 2017; 9: 2-7
- Predicting and changing behavior: The reasoned action approach.Psychology Press, 2008
- Service-learning: A balanced approach to experiential education.Service Learning, General, 1996
- Making an impact with service learning.Nursing. 2015; 45: 21-24
- The reflective course model.12. 2013: 39
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qualitative Health Research. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
- A theoretical framework on reflection in service learning: Deepening reflection through identity development.Frontiers in Education. 2021; 5: 275
- Influence of international service-learning on nursing student self-efficacy toward cultural competence.The Journal of Nursing Education. 2014; 53: 474-478
- Attitudes of nurse professionals and nursing students towards children with disabilities. Do nurses really overcome children’s physical and mental handicaps?.International Nursing Review. 2009; 56: 456-460
- Nursing students and service learning: Research from a symbiotic community partnership with local schools and special olympics.Nurse Educator. 2018; 43: 215-218
- Minkler M. Wallerstein N. Community-based participatory research for health: From process to outcomes. 2nd ed. Jossey-Bass, 2008
- Assessing learning in service-learning courses through critical reflection.The Journal of Experimental Education. 2011; 33: 239-257
- Does service-learning increase cultural competency, critical thinking, and civic engagement?.The Journal of Nursing Education. 2005; 44: 65-70
- Qualitative research & evaluation methods.Sage, 2015
- Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design.SAGE Publications Inc, 2021, January 23
- Service-learning in higher education relevant to the promotion of physical activity, healthful eating, and prevention of obesity.International Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2012; 3: 672-681
- Service learning in undergraduate nursing education: Strategies to facilitate meaningful reflection.Journal of Professional Nursing: Official Journal of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. 2016; 32: 100-106
- About | department of nursing.https://nursing.tcnj.edu/about/Date: 2021
- Diversity work and service-learning: Understanding campus dynamics.Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning. 2004; 10