- •Cases of adolescent male rape, sexual slavery, forced pregnancy, forced abortion, or sterilization call for an international debate.
- •The consequences that sexual violence has for children and adolescents, their communities, and societies in general, are devastating.
- •About 80% of sexual assaults go unreported.
- •In conflict settings, there are many additional challenges: lack of reporting systems, stigma, and fear of retaliation, for survivors.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Fui violentado por vários homens ao mesmo tempo': o drama dos homens estuprados durante guerras.https://noticias.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/bbc/2022/03/20/fui-violentado-por-varios-homens-ao-mesmo-tempo-o-drama-dos-homens-estuprados-durante-guerras.htmDate: 2022
- Sexual abuse as a factor in adolescent pregnancy.Family Planning Perspectives. 1992; 24: 4-11
- What determines post-traumatic stress disorder symptomatology for survivors of childhood sexual abuse?.Child Abuse & Neglect. 1997; 21: 575-582
- Self-reported health and behavioral problems among adolescent victims of rape in France: Results of a cross-sectional survey.Child Abuse & Neglect. 1997; 21: 823-832
- Childhood sexual abuse and psychiatric disorder in young adulthood: II. Psychiatric outcomes of childhood sexual abuse.Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 1365-1374
- The long-term impact of childhood sexual abuse in Australian women.Child Abuse & Neglect. 1999; 23: 145-159
- Rape-related pregnancy: Estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1996; 175: 320-324
- Why is sexual violence so common is war.https://www.peaceinsight.org/en/articles/why-is-sexual-violence-so-common-in-war/?location=&theme=women-peace-securityDate: 2013
- Relationship dynamics and adolescent pregnancy in South Africa.Social Science and Medicine. 2001; 5: 733-744
- Child sexual abuse.Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2014; 23: 321-337
- Sexual abuse during childhood and adolescence among Nicaraguan men and women: A population-based survey.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2000; 24: 1579-1589
- Weapon of war: sexual violence against children in conflict. Save the children.
- Conflict related sexual violence: report of the united nations secretary-general.
- The hidden victims of sexual violence in war.