- •As the types of children's chronic illnesses vary, the sleep quality of their mothers varies as well.
- •Nearly two-thirds of the mothers in both illness groups of the present study had poor sleep quality.
- •Diagnosis duration and wakeup for the care/treatment of children at night were the main predictors for poor sleep quality.
- •Mothers often have problems of sleep disturbances, subjective sleep quality, sleep latency.
Design and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- The validity and reliability of the Pittsburgh sleep quality index.Turkish Journal of Psychiatry. 1996; 7: 107-115
- Quality of sleep in Turkish family caregivers of cancer patients.Cancer Nursing. 2009; 32: 370-377
- Relationships among nightly sleep quality, daily stress, and daily affect.Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences. 2017; 72: 363-372
- Sleep in the modern family: Protective family routines for child and adolescent sleep.Sleep Health. 2015; 1: 15-27
- The Pittsburgh sleep quality index: A new instrument for psychiatric practice and research.Psychiatry Research. 1989; 28: 193-213
- Sleep disturbance and sleep insufficiency in primary caregivers and their children with cystic fibrosis.Journal of Cystic Fibrosis. 2020; 19: 777-782
- Chronic diseases in the paediatric population: Comorbidities and use of primary care services.Anales de Pediatría (English Edition). 2020; 93: 183-193
- Self-reported sleep quality is associated with central hemodynamics in healthy individuals.Sleep & Breathing. 2020; 24: 1083-1088
- Sleep in caregivers of children with type 1 diabetes.The Diabetes Educator. 2009; 45: 80-86
- Sleep in caregivers of children with type 1 diabetes.The Diabetes Educator. 2019; 45: 80-86
- Sleep disturbances and affecting factors in young children with food allergy and their mothers.Allergologia et Immunopathologia. 2020; 48: 158-164
- Spillover effects of maternal chronic disease on children’s quality of life and behaviors among low-income families.The Patient-Patient-Centered Outcomes Research. 2018; 11: 625-635
- Parents’ attitudes towards a difficult situation resulting from the chronic disease of their child.Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine. 2020; 27: 476-480
- Investigation of sleep quality and associated social psychological factors during the COVID-19 outbreak.Journal of Turkish Sleep Medicine. 2021; 2: 97-104
- The effects of insomnia and sleep loss on cardiovascular disease.Sleep Medicine Clinics. 2017; 12: 167-177
- Parental behaviors, emotions at bedtime, and sleep disturbances in children with cancer.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2020; 45: 550-560
- Sleep characteristics in mothers of children with developmental disabilities.Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2018; 32: e9-e18
- Sleep quality and the mediating role of stress management on eating by nursing personnel.Nutrients. 2019; 11: 1731-1741
- Relationships between family and parent characteristics and functional abilities in children with recurrent pain syndromes: An investigation of moderating effects on the pathway from pain to disability.Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2005; 30: 698-707
- Does exercise improve sleep for adults with insomnia? A systematic review with quality appraisal.Clinical Psychology Review. 2019; 68: 1-12
- A population-based study of the quality of cancer survivors and their family caregivers.Cancer Nursing. 2006; 29: 120-131
- Impact of a child’s chronic illness on maternal sleep and daytime functioning.Archives of Internal Medicine. 2006; 166: 1749-1755
- Relationship between child sleep disturbances and maternal sleep, mood, and parenting stress: A pilot study.Journal of Family Psychology. 2007; 21: 67-73
- Day-to-day variations in sleep quality affect standing balance in healthy adults.Scientific Reports. 2018; 8: 17504
- Problems experienced by the informal caregivers of cancer patients and their needs for support.Cancer Nursing. 2006; 29: 378-388
- Randomized controlled trial of an internet delivered family cognitive behavioral therapy intervention for children and adolescents with chronic pain.Pain. 2009; 146: 205-213
- Quality of sleep in allergic children and their parents.Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2015; 43: 180-184
- Psychological manifestations of celiac disease autoimmunity in young children.Pediatrics. 2017; 139 (article e20162848)
- Sleep in mothers of children with epilepsy and its relation to their children’s sleep.Research in Nursing & Health. 2020; 43: 168-175
- Non-communicable diseases.
- Examining sleep and mood in parents of children with sleep disturbances.Nature and Science of Sleep. 2020; 12: 865-874
- Call for action on Ncds, child survival, and child.Health. 2015; (action_electronic.pdf)
- Gluten-free diet may improve obstructive sleep apnea-related symptoms in children with celiac disease.BMC Pediatrics. 2018; 18: 35-40
- Sleep quality and depression–anxiety in mothers of children with two chronic respiratory diseases: Asthma and cystic fibrosis.Journal of Cystic Fibrosis. 2008; 7: 495-500
- Bronchiolitis obliterans and bronchiolitis obliterans association with gastroesophageal reflux disease in children.Turkish Archives of Pediatrics. 2009; 44 (http://doi.org/149-15310.12956/tjpd.2018.347): 149-153