- •Children with disabilities experience higher levels of placement disruption in foster care.
- •Children with disabilities spend more time in foster care than peers.
- •Children with disabilities experience more restrictive placement settings.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Longitudinal outcomes of children exposed to opioids in-utero: A systematic review.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2021; 53: 55-64
- Preliminary effectiveness of an LGBTQ+ affirmative parenting intervention with foster parents.Children and Youth Services Review. 2021; 127106107
- Reaching everyone: Promoting the inclusion of youth with disabilities in evaluating foster care outcomes.Children and Youth Services Review. 2013; 35: 1801-1808
- Children with disabilities: Problems faced by foster parents.Children and Youth Services Review. 2009; 31: 40-46
- Children in foster care: A vulnerable population at risk.Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing. 2008; 21: 70-77
- Introduction: CDC health disparities and inequalities report.in: Morbidity and mortality weekly report. Surveillance summaries. 62. 2013: 3-5
- The AFCARS report.
- Integrative review: Delivery of healthcare services to adolescents and young adults during and after foster care.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2016; 31: 653-666
- Person-first & identity-first language: Supporting students with disabilities on campus.Community College Journal of Research and Practice. 2021; 45: 79-85
- Is higher placement stability in kinship foster care by virtue or design?.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2015; 42: 99-111
- Measurement and correlates of foster care placement moves.Children and Youth Services Review. 2018; 91: 248-258
- Foster care and the best interests of the child: Integrating research, policy, and practice. Springer Cham, 2020
- Mapping the concept of vulnerability related to health care disparities: A scoping review.BMC Health Services Research. 2013; 13: 94
- Outcomes of children who grew up in foster care: Systematic-review.Children and Youth Services Review. 2017; 76: 74-83
- Children and youth in out-of-home care: What can predict an initial change in placement?.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2019; 93: 55-65
- Effectiveness of nurse-led case management in cancer care: Systematic review.Clinical Nursing Research. 2019; 28: 968-991
- What explains instability in foster care? Comparison of a matched sample of children with stable and unstable placements.Children and Youth Services Review. 2014; 37: 36-45
- Foster care placement instability: a meta-analytic review.Child and Youth Services Review. 2019; 96: 483-499https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2018.12.002
- 2017 disability statistics annual report.University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH2018
- Behavior problems, foster home integration, and evidence-based behavioral interventions: What predicts adoption of foster children?.Child and Youth Services Review. 2012; 34: 891-899https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2012.01.017
- Family first or the kindness of strangers? Foster care placements and adult outcomes.Labour Economics. 2020; 65
- School nurses and care coordination for children with complex needs: An integrative review.The Journal of School Nursing. 2015; 31: 34-43
- Experiencing transitions: An emerging middle-range theory.Advances in Nursing Science. 2000; 23: 12-28
- Transitions theory. Middle-range and situation-specific theories in nursing research and practice.Springer Pub, New York2010
- “Every child that is a foster child is marked from the beginning”: The home-school communication experiences of foster parents of children with disabilities.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2018; 75: 61-72
- Meeting the healthcare needs of students with severe disabilties in the school setting: Collaboration between school nurses and special education teachers.Psychology in the Schools. 2015; 52: 683-701
- Developmental consequences of fetal exposure to drugs: What we know and what we still must learn.Neuropsychopharmacology. 2015; 40: 61-87
- Out of state and out of luck: The treatment of non-custodial parents under the interstate compact on the placement of children.Yale Law & Policy Review. 2006; 25: 63-94
- Age-specific risk factors associated with placement instability among foster children.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2018; 84: 157-169
- A model for analyzing human adaptation to transition.The Counseling Psychologist. 1981; 9: 2-18
- Foster care outcomes for children with intellectual disability.Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. 2016; 54: 299-315
- Youth in foster care.in: Neinstein’s adolescent and young adult health care: A practical guide. 6 ed. Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia2016
- Mental and physical health of children in foster care.Pediatrics. 2016; 138
- Breakdown of foster care placements in Flanders: Incidence and associated factors.European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 2018; 27: 209-220
- Attachment, development, and mental health in abused and neglected preschool children in foster care: A meta-analysis.Trauma Violence Abuse. 2018; 19: 443-458
- Predictors of placement disruptions in foster care.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2020; 99
- Understanding and supporting young children's transitions into state care: Schlossberg's transition framework and child-centred practice.British Journal of Social Work. 2014; 44: 401
- Foster family characteristics, kinship, and permanence.The Social Service Review. 2009; 83: 185-219