- •This study analyzed the reasons for the poor effect of myopia intervention in children and adolescents from a family perspective.
- •The results shows several factors contributed to barriers to promotion of visual health.
- •This study also found when parents faced a conflict between education and vision care, they tended to choose current education and ignore future development of visual problems.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Knowledge, attitude, and practice about myopia in school students in Marat city of Saudi Arabia.Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. 2020; 7
- Myopia among schoolchildren in East Asia and Singapore.Survey of Ophthalmology. 2017; 5
- Available from:) (
- Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it.in: Valle R.S. King M. Existential foundations of psychology. Oxford University Press (Chapter, New York, NY1978: 3
- Prevalence and time trends of myopia in children and adolescents in China: A systemic review and meta-analysis.RETINA. 2020; 40 (publish ahead of print): 399-411
- Progression of myopia in children and teenagers: A nationwide longitudinal study.The British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2021;
- Qualitative content analysis in nursing research: Concepts, procedures and measures to achieve trustworthiness.Nurse Education Today. 2004; 2
- Effect of time spent outdoors at school on the development of myopia among children in China: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2015; 11
- Singapore achieves breakthrough in reducing prevalence of myopia by almost 5%..2011
- Global prevalence of myopia and high myopia and temporal trends from 2000 through 2050.Ophthalmology. 2016; 5
- Factors associated with myopia in Korean children: Korea National Health and nutrition examination survey 2016-2017 (KNHANES VII).BMC Ophthalmology. 2020; 1
- Efficacy comparison of 16 interventions for myopia control in children.Ophthalmology. 2016; 4
- Report of the national myopia prevention and control workgroup 2006: a summary.Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore. 2007; 36: S65-S71
- The opportunity is ripe, the lens industry to step up to a new level of growth.China Glasses Science-Technology Magazine. 2021; 06: 16-19
- Independent influence of parental myopia on childhood myopia in a dose-related manner in 2,055 Trios: The Hong Kong children eye study.American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2020; 218 (prepublish): 199-207
- Myopia.Lancet. 2012; 379: 1739-1748
- Worldwide prevalence and risk factors for myopia.Ophthalmic & physiological optics : the journal of the British College of Ophthalmic Opticians (Optometrists). 2012; 32: 3-16
- The healthy China initiative(2019–2030)[EB/OL].
- The association between time spent outdoors and myopia in children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Ophthalmology. 2012; 119: 2141-2151
- Potential lost productivity resulting from the global burden of uncorrected refractive error.Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2009; 6
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qualitative Research in Psychology. 2006; 2
- Epidemiology and disease burden of pathologic myopia and myopic choroidal neovascularization: An evidence-based systematic review.American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014; 1
- WHO launches first World report on vision.(Available from)
- Time spent in outdoor activities in relation to myopia prevention and control: A meta-analysis and systematic review.Acta Ophthalmologica. 2017; 95: 551-566
- Recent epidemiology study data of myopia.Journal of Ophthalmology. 2020;