- •The Adolescent STD Patients as a special group are focused on in this study.
- •The participants lacked sex and STD knowledge while holding an open attitude towards premarital sex.
- •The infection with STDs caused a negative influence to most of the participants.
- •Most parents and teachers were still conservative about sexuality education.
- •The results highlight the emergence and necessity of effective ways of sexuality education.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- Assessing factors influencing early sexual initiation among adolescents (13 to 19 years) in Ghana: A qualitative study.International Journal of Caring Sciences. 2018; 11: 53-60
- Risky sexual behaviour among rural female adolescents in Malaysia: A limited role of protective factors.Global Journal of Health Science. 2014; 6: 165-174
- Sex education in China leaves young vulnerable to infection.The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 2016; 16: 26
- Prevention of child sexual abuse in China: Knowledge, attitudes, and communication practices of parents of elementary school children.Child Abuse & Neglect. 2007; 31: 747-755
- Comparison of sexual knowledge, attitude, and behaviour between female Chinese college students from urban areas and rural areas: A hidden challenge for HIV/AIDS control in China.BioMed Research International. 2016; 2016: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/8175921
- Qualitative inquiry and research design: Choosing among five approaches.Sage Publications, Inc, London, UK1998
- Semistructured interviewing in primary care research: A balance of relationship and rigour.Family Medicine and Community Health. 2019; 7: 1-8
- Understanding the link between early sexual initiation and later sexually transmitted infection: Test and replication in two longitudinal studies.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2014; 54: 435-441
- An introduction to qualitative research.5th ed. Sage Publications Ltd., London2014
- How does traditional Confucian culture influence adolescents’ sexual behaviour in three Asian cities?.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2012; 50: S12-S17
- Adolescents’ reproductive health knowledge, choices and factors affecting reproductive health choices: A qualitative study in the west Gonja District in northern region, Ghana.BMC International Health and Human Rights. 2018; 18: 1-12
- The relationships of school-based sexuality education, sexual knowledge and sexual behaviours—A study of 18,000 Chinese college students.Reproductive Health. 2017; 14: 1-9
- Sexually transmitted infections, sexuality and gender relations among Vietnamese young adults in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: A qualitative study.2020: 1-14
- From disease to desire, pleasure to the pill: A qualitative study of adolescent learning about sexual health and sexuality in Chile.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 945
- Situating and constructing diversity in semi-structured interviews.Global Qualitative Nursing Research. 2015; 2: 1-12
- Associations between psychosocial factors and incidence of sexually transmitted disease among south African adolescents.Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2015; 42: 135-139
- The role of families in adolescent HIV prevention: A review.Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review. 2000; 3: 81-96
- Adolescent patient preferences surrounding partner notification and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.Academic Emergency Medicine. 2015; 22: 61-66
- In-depth interview.e-PG Pathshala (UGC& MHRD), Gandhinagar2017
- Qualitative research methods in sport, exercise and health: From process to product.Routledge, Abingdon Oxon2013
- International technical guidance on sexuality education: An evidence-informed approach.UNESCO, Paris, France2018
- Parent-adolescent sexual communication and adolescent safer sex behaviour: A meta-analysis.JAMA Pediatrics. 2016; 170: 52-61
- Adolescent health: Overview.
- Adolescent health: Impact.
- The changing world of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights.https://www.who.int/news/item/03-02-2020-the-changing-world-of-adolescent-sexual-and-reproductive-health-and-rightsDate: 2020