- •It is important to measure family-centered care in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- •A scale (FCCS-NICU) was developed to evaluate family-centered care in NICU.
- •The validity and reliability of the FCCS-NICU have been tested and evidenced.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric Nursing: Nursing Care of Children and Families
- The adaptation of family centred care scale to Turkish a validity and reliability study.J Pediatr Res. 2016; 3: 97-103
- The family-centered care assessment scale: Development and psychometric evaluation in a Turkish sample.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2019; 48: e35-e41
- The development of data collection tools to measure parent–infant closeness and family-centered care in NICUs.Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. 2020; 17: 448-456
- Family-centered care in the neonatal intensive care unit.in: Geçkil E. Pediatri Hemşireliğinde Aile Merkezli Bakım. Türkiye Klinikleri, Ankara2019: 18-23
- Room for family-centered care–a qualitative evaluation of a neonatal intensive care unit remodeling project.Journal of Neonatal Nursing. 2009; 15: 88-99
- Opinions of intensive care nurses about family-centered care in Turkey.International Journal of Caring Sciences. 2021; 14: 45-53
- Determination of factors affecting the status of hospitalized child’s parent for receiving family-centered care.Acıbadem Üniversitesi Sağlık Bilimleri Dergisi. 2019; 10: 748-755
- Multivariate statistics for social sciences: SPSS and LISREL applications.Vol. 2. Pegem Akademi Ankara, 2021
- Psychometric evaluation of the family-centered care scale for pediatric acute care nursing.Nursing Research. 2013; 62: 160-168
- Guidelines for family-centered care in the neonatal, pediatric, and adult ICU.Critical Care Medicine. 2017; 45: 103-128
- Attitudes and behavior of nurses in state and private hospitals with respect to family-centered care.Güncel Pediatri. 2016; 14: 1-9
- Determination of maternal attachment level and associated factors of mothers of premature infants long-term hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit.Journal of Education and Research in Nursing. 2021; 18: 383-388
- Data collection methods and tools & reliability and validity of data collection tools.in: Erdoğan N.N.S. Esin M.N. Hemşirelikte Araştırma: Süreç, Ugulama ve Kritik. İstanbul, Nobel Tıp Kitabevi2014
- Improving family-centered care for infants in neonatal intensive care units: Recommendations from frontline healthcare professionals.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2022; 22: 79-86
- A multisite survey of NICU healthcare professionals’ perceptions about family-centered care.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2021; 21: 205-213
- A study on developing the organizational democracy scale.Amme İdaresi Dergisi. 2015; 48: 1-39
- The effect of a comprehensive support program on the stress level of mothers in a neonatal intensive care unit.Nursing Practice Today. 2022; 9: 54-61
- Family-centered care in the NICU.The Journal of Perinatal & Neonatal Nursing. 2006; 20: 98-102
- Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care. Patient- and Family- Centered Care Defined.(Retrieved from)
Jöreskog, K., Sörbom, D., & Skokie, I. (2015). LISREL 9.20 for windows [computer software]. Scientific Software International, Inc.
- Towards a universal model of family centered care: A scoping review.BMC Health Services Research. 2019; 19: 1-11
- Implementation and practice barriers of family-centered care encountered by neonatal nurses.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2022; 22: 432-443
- Development and validation of a neonatal intensive care parent satisfaction instrument.Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. 2012; 13: 554-559
- A quantitative approach to content validity.Personnel Psychology. 1975; 28: 563-575
- Development of a likert type attitude scale in health sciences.Hacettepe Üniversitesi Hemşirelik Fakültesi Dergisi. 2018; 5: 60-68
- The welfare of children in hospital.Ministry of Health Services Council, London1959
- The content validity index: Are you sure you know what’s being reported? Critique and recommendations.Research in Nursing & Health. 2006; 29: 489-497
- Trends in care practices reflecting parental involvement in neonatal care.Early Human Development. 2014; 90: 863-867
- Pilot study of a tool to investigate perceptions of family-centered care in different care settings.Pediatric Nursing. 2004; 30: 189-197
- A perspective on scale development in entrepreneurship research.Economic and Business Review. 2012; 14: 1-25
- Using multivariate statistics.7th ed. Pearson Education Limited: Edinburgh Gate, 2019
- Effects of the close collaboration with parents intervention on the quality of family-centered care in NICUs.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2021;
- Translation and cultural adaptation of the family centered care assessment scale (FCCAS) for Finnish pediatric nursing.Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2021; 62 (in press): 51-59
- Family-provider relationships and well-being in families with preterm infants in the NICU.Heart & Lung. 2001; 30: 74-84
- Factors that influence NICU health care Professionals’ decision making to implement family-centered care.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2022; 22: 87-94
- Neonatal nurses’ report of family-centered care resources and practices.Advances in Neonatal Care. 2022; 22: 473-483
- Examination of the effect of the family-centered approach of the empathic trends of children’s nurses and students.Sağlık Bilimleri ve Meslekleri Dergisi. 2018; 5: 179-187